[Fwd: Re: Memory stick Medion]

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Mon Jul 26 16:54:50 UTC 2004

antonio montagnani wrote/ha scritto, On/il 26/07/2004 06:02:

> Asri Sulaiman wrote/ha scritto, On/il 26/07/2004 03:54:
>

>>> Well, it's been found. All you need to do is mount it.
>>>
>>> Create a mount point at /mnt , I call mine 'flash'. For example
>>> 'mkdir /mnt/flash'.
>>>
>>> With the unit inserted, type 'mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash'.
>>>
>>> With any luck (no error messages) you'll now be able to write/read
>>> files to/from the device by reading from/writing to /mnt/flash.
>>>
>>> Remember to unmount the device before pulling it out: 'umount
>>> /mnt/flash'.
>>>

>> Fedora Core1 seems to insist on /mnt/flash as the mount point.
>>
>> I added the following line to /etc/fstab
>>
>>   /dev/sda1   /mnt/usb    auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
>>
>> Then as non-root user, I can mount it and use it ok but,
>> once done, "umount /mnt/usb" take a long time to complete.
>> Some time after, both the directory /mnt/usb and the line
>> in /etc/fstab disappear and replaced by
>>   /dev/sda1     /mnt/flash  auto   noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
>>
>> I have since capitulated to the system's idiosyncracy and
>> use /mnt/flash instead of /mnt/usb as the mounting
>> directory.
>>
>> Cheers
>> -Asri Sulaiman
>>

> Tnx.
> I will give a try when my son will lend me the device.
> I have a small question.
> Why is the procedure of creating a mount point, mounting the device
> etc fully automatic when I connect my digital camera?? what is different?

This is the output of my machine.....

/usr/sbin/kudzu -s -p -c HD
-
class: HD
bus: USB
detached: 0
driver: usb-storage
desc: "Sunplus Co Ltd Sunplus MultiMedia disk"
usbclass: 8
usbsubclass: 6
usbprotocol: 50
usbbus: 1
usblevel: 1
usbport: 1
usbdev: 3
vendorId: 04fc
deviceId: 757a
usbmfr: Sunplus Co Ltd
usbprod: Sunplus MultiMedia disk
-
class: HD
bus: IDE
detached: 0
device: hda
driver: ignore
desc: "FUJITSU MPF3153AT"
physical: 16383/16/63
logical: 29785/16/63
-
class: HD
bus: IDE
detached: 0
device: hdb
driver: ignore
desc: "QUANTUM FIREBALLP AS10.2"
physical: 16383/16/63
logical: 19906/16/63
-
class: HD
bus: SCSI
detached: 0
device: sda
driver: ignore
desc: "Sunplus MultiMedia-Disk"
host: 0
id: 0
channel: 0
lun: 0
generic: sg0

I created mnt/flash but when I issue:
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash
I get
mount: /dev/sda1 unvalid block device

Where is my mistake???

--

Antonio

Working with  Mozilla 1.7 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2
    Uso Mozilla 1.7 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2