Problems with Fedora Core 2 and NVIDIA 6106 Linux Drivers

Craig Goodyear craig48 at swbell.net
Mon Jul 26 21:15:52 UTC 2004

Costa, Marcelo Ferreira da wrote:
> I hav problems with Fedora Core 2 and NVIDIA 6106 drivers. When I install
> the NVIDIA package drivers on Fedora Core 2 original CD´s installation, my
> machine freezes (no response, I can´t go to shell or do anything). Somebody
> knows what I need to do?
>
> Marcelo

I was having the same problem.  I have tried many things that were
suggested without success.  I have a ASUS A7N8X-E mother board and
GeForce FX5200 video card.  The problem was an incompatibility with USB
2.0.  I was finally able to install the drivers by disabling USB 2.0 in
the kernel per comments by youn_sa in the thread on the Nvidia Linux
Forum, see the link below.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30399&page=5&pp=15

Craig