iptables question

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Tue Jul 27 02:07:32 UTC 2004

Thomas Sapp wrote:

>Can anyone help me with what I am doing wrong?  How do I add the ACCEPT
>and the state?  I have tried --state but it keeps telling me that it is
>an incorrect option.

Edit /etc/sysconfig/iptables and insert your "-s 204.99.118.0/24" into
the ssh rule there, then duplicate it and change the port number for
each of your desired tcp services.

Notice that the magic is to put "-m state" before "--state..."

Also if you are running an ftp server you may need to edit
/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config to load the ip_nat_ftp module.