Upgraded to FC2 last night, now yum fails

Jeff Ratliff jefrat at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 27 02:58:57 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 11:07:52AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I finally found that libxml2 dirtyness no one could explain, but now a
> "yum update"
> returns this:
>
> And my networking is working fine.
>
> Do I need a new /etc/yum.conf?

If you upgraded, the system most likely left your /etc/yum.conf alone.
I know it did for my FC1 box I upgraded. Check your /etc directory
for yum.conf.rpmnew. That will be your new FC2 compatible yum.conf.
I'd start with that, then add additional repos.

While you're at it, have a look around /etc for other changed config
files. Some of your old files will be left alone, and you get a
*.rpmnew to migrate as you see fit, and some are automatically
replaced, with your original being saved as *.rpmsave.