UDP sockets

Doru-Catalin Togea doru-cat at ifi.uio.no
Tue Jul 27 11:06:07 UTC 2004

Hi!

I have two simple client and server programmes which listen and send to
a UDP socket, on a common port, 50001. They worked when I was running RH
9.0 (2.4.20) but they do not work anymore under FC2 (2.6.7).

Specifically, the client blocks on the recvfrom() call and never gets
anything, while the sender repeatedly sends data.

The only change I can see from when I run them under RH9 and now, is that
under RH I was sending small datagrams, 600+B, while now they are
large, 28+KB.

Is something fundamentally changed in the way UDP sockets work under FC2,
compared to how is was previously?

Thanks if anyone can help,
Catalin

--

        <<     We are what we repeatedly do.      >>