Anyone use Nagios? Need some help.

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jul 27 15:32:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 10:26, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 08:36, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> > If it is a path type issue why not hard code the full path of the
> > program into the script?  That should either prove or disprove the
> > theory very quickly.  Look for the place in the script that the program
> > is call and put the full path to it there.
>
> Great suggestion, but now I feel dumb.  I actually looked through the
> script yesterday and upon finding the line where "rpcinfo" is supposed
> to be called, I noticed that it was a bit odd in the way it was
> specified.  I didn't even consider changing it just to see what would
> happen.

> I changed it to this:
>
> $cmd = "/usr/sbin/rpcinfo $port -" . "$proto $host $prognum $progver
> 2>&1 |";
>
> And viola, it worked. Here's the output:
>
> OK: RPC program nfs version 2 version 3 udp running

Great!  It still sounds like you might be able to fix this if you get
the right PATH environment variable setup.  As I said before I think if
the nagios user is using /bin/sh you would need to setup the path in the
.profile file not the .bash_profile.  Or you might be able to specify
/bin/bash as the shell for nagios.  But that might cause problems if
bash does something that sh does not.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Get in touch with your feelings of hostility against the dying light.
		-- Dylan Thomas [paraphrased periphrastically]