How can I block IP address range with sshd_config

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Tue Jul 27 16:43:29 UTC 2004

I've been reading over the hosts.deny man page to get some ideas, but
I'm unclear on how to implement them.  I know what I want to do, but I
don't know how to do it.  I want to allow all connections from my five
users, those being acsacx, amy, michael, wayne and zack, unless those
requests come from 211.182.241.*  These acceptable accounts will likely
only log in through ssh.  I want to deny 211.182.241.* unconditonally.
Can anyone give me an example of a hosts.allow/hosts.deny setup that
would do this?