FC2 menus

Bryan K. Wright bryan at ayesha.phys.Virginia.EDU
Tue Jul 27 17:49:09 UTC 2004

mike at thexxxhost.com said:
> In preferences KDE has a menu editor application.  Here is the path
> for it:  /usr/bin/kmenuedit  I'm not sure which package it is part of
> for KDE.

Been there, tried that.  I have two problems with kmenuedit:

1. It doesn't work.  I can make changes (delete items, move them into
   different folders), but when I "save" them and exit, nothing has
   changed.  The start menu looks the same (even after logging out
   and back in again) and if I open kmenuedit I see the same thing
   I had originally.

2. It's tedious.  I already have a tree that approximates what I'd
   like to end up with.  I'd like to just use it, rather than trying
   to recreate it, one application at a time, with kmenuedit.

						Bryan

Bryan Wright                |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department          | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia      | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901  |
(434) 924-7218              |         bryan at virginia.edu