linux support

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Tue Jul 27 22:34:15 UTC 2004

efendy writes:

> hello
> I cant use my ADSL internal PCI modem.. now I am buying new one. I selected
> CNET 4 Port ADSL Modem. It is connecting to PC from Ethernet port.
> Can I use it in Fedora? Does Linux support CNET modem?
>
> http://www.cnet.com.tw/product/cnad804-nf.htm

Linux won't have any problem, but you should check with your Internet
Provider to see if they do something stupid like PPPoE or DHCP, which will
require some additional screwing around.  Or, if they require you to use
proprietary Windows-only software to authenticate against their servers and
bring up ADSL.

In that case, you're screwed.