system clock is too slow

Jorge Fábregas fabregasj at prtc.net
Tue Jul 27 23:37:41 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 6:27 pm, alan wrote:
> How bad is the clock on your computer?
Without ntp...my system clock loses about 3 minutes a day. That's even more
when I turn on my computer after it has been turned off for a while...It
seems that the internal battery doesn't have much more power left...

> How accurate time do you need?
Well..I don't really need that much accurate time...but If I don't do the ntp
thing..the clock (within weeks) will be too inaccurate.  Also, I've been
doing it as a learning experience...I always wanted to know how it works.