lm_sensors not working

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Wed Jul 28 16:37:13 UTC 2004

Hesty P wrote:

>sensors -s also gives "No sensors found!"

What do you get for output when you do a 'lsmod | grep -i nforce' ?
 From your previous post, I see you added the i2c_nforce2 module, which
talks to the SMBus. I have a GigaByte nforce2 mobo, and it uses the
it8712 sensor chip.  When I do a 'lsmod | grep -i nforce', I get:

i2c_nforce2             4736  0
i2c_core               16660  5 it87,eeprom,i2c_sensor,i2c_isa,i2c_nforce2

When you ran sensors-detect, did you tell it you want to use the ISA to
the SMBus? If you said SMBus, you might try it again and this time
select ISA. I have not had luck getting sensors working through the
SMBus on any mobo I have tried.