Convert CDIR notation to IP range

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jul 28 17:39:57 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 10:07, John Nichel wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > ----
> > Try this - it works
> >
> > open a web browser - click in the address bar and enter www.google.com
> >
> > Type in the box - CIDR calculator and press "I'm feeling lucky"
> >
> > or if this proves too tough...
> >
> > <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=CIDR+calculator&btnG=Google+Search>
> >
> > UberGeek?
> >
> > Craig
>
> Oh thank you dear Craig.  What would I ever do without you?  I would
> have never thought of Google, and if I would have, I probably only would
> have typed in the subject of this email, which might have listed a bunch
> of sites which explained how the notation works...the binary notation,
> etc., to which I would have had to lead off my original email by
> stating, "My binary skill are lacking".....bah
>
> I guess I can't be a *real* ÜberGeek until I try to act like a
> condescending know-it-all on a mailing list, eh?
---
indignant response works I guess.

The funny thing was, I had just searched out that very thing a week or
two ago. 'CIDR calculator' worked immediately.

I never purported to be a know-it-all and am well aware of how little it
is that I actually do know. What I know are two things that I have found
serve me well though... The first is to find the right search terms for
google to lead me to what I am looking for and the second is not to
purport to be UberGeek...I haven't even figured out how to get an umlaut
yet.

Craig