yum exclude?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Wed Jul 28 19:46:15 UTC 2004

ok, here is what I get:

yum --help

    Usage:  yum [options] <update | upgrade | install | info | remove | list |
            clean | provides | search | check-update | groupinstall |
groupupdat e |
            grouplist >

          -c [config file] - specify the config file to use
          -e [error level] - set the error logging level
          -d [debug level] - set the debugging level
          -y answer yes to all questions
          -t be tolerant about errors in package commands
          -R [time in minutes] - set the max amount of time to randomly run
in.
          -C run from cache only - do not update the cache
          --installroot=[path] - set the install root (default '/')
          --version - output the version of yum
          --exclude=some_pkg_name - packagename to exclude - you can use
            this more than once
          --download-only - only download packages - do not run the
transaction
          -h, --help this screen

I have dug into it a bit and see a hole in the documentation. The yum help
file above does not mention exclude. Version is 2.0.7. Or is my yum out of
date?

man yum is no better, man yum.conf gives options under [main] and [servers]

Michael do you want me to post the new yum.conf?

dave

--
Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings