IIIMF updates crash OpenOffice?

Hideki Hiura hiura at openi18n.org
Wed Jul 28 21:00:28 UTC 2004

> From: Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org>
> I have the latest FC2 IIIMF packages for simplified chinese, and indeed
> openoffice does not work correctly with them, but it does not crash as
> you are seeing. When I enter Cntrl-L in the edit pane, I get a terminal
> message "free(): invalid pointer 0xblah" and if I start typing, the
> choice box comes up blank.

One of the IIIMF developpers just encountered something similar
sympotoms with mozilla.  I am in suspecious that the recent checkin on
iiimgcf(gtk+ immodule for IIIMF) might introduced memory trashing bug
or some sort, because this symptom is only found with huge applications.

We are chasing down the problem right now.

--
hiura@{freestandards.org,OpenI18N.org,li18nux.org,unicode.org,sun.com}
Chair, OpenI18N.org/The Free Standards Group          http://www.OpenI18N.org