Off Topic - VOIP/SIP gateway

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 28 23:11:43 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 18:25, Bill Gradwohl wrote:

> We've pushed Linux so hard at our client sites that those who've
> switched from NetWare and Windows to Linux server environments are now
> asking us to help them get rid of their PSTN phone systems in favor of
> VOIP/SIP replacements. They can plainly see that our Linux
> recommendations have paid off and now want us to help them migrate their
> voice phone systems to a more modern platform.

Interesting.  I was asked this week to start investigating PBX options
for a new building that is being built.  Been doing some reading on the
Asterisk project.  Not sure I am going to use that as there are some
other small turnkey PBX solutions that may be easier to setup and
maintain.

At least I won't need multiple Lucent Definity switches like we had at
the last company I worked.
--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

We can predict everything, except the future.