Convert CDIR notation to IP range

Lew Bloch conrad at lewscanon.com
Thu Jul 29 04:51:23 UTC 2004

> or if this proves too tough...
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=CIDR+calculator&btnG=Google+Search>
> Craig

I followed that link and it in turn led right to some IP calculators that
seemed exactly to fit the bill for the request:
> My binary skills are lacking, so does anyone know of a tool (online
> or otherwise) to convert CDIR notation into the physical IP range?

The first three links were to online calculators that did the exact
conversion requested:
> convert 192.168.0.0/24 into 192.168.0.0 through 192.168.0.255 (so I can
> see what the actual range is).

I didn't see anything there that
> explained how the notation works...the binary notation, etc.,

per se, certainly not in any way obscure or difficult, or that merited a
sarcastic
> Oh thank you dear Craig.  What would I ever do without you?

I really do thank you, dear Craig.  Your links were interesting and helpful,
it was clear that you were trying to do a service, and you did answer the
question as asked.  Perhaps the poster didn't choose to benefit from your
assistance, but I got a lot out of it.

IMHStatement of Simple Truth.