VI problems under fc2

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 12:07:42 UTC 2004

Sean Kennedy wrote:
> Hi folks, I'm having some issues with vi that I hope are easy to fix.
> After installation of fc2, arrow keys do odd things when in INSERT
> mode.  I think, basically, they type letters and \n.  Anybody have an
> idea as to what's causing this and how to fix it?

Hang on a bit: we need more information.

Which vi are you using? Is this in a terminal of some description, or
is gvim opening its own window? What happens if you type :set term
(*not* in insert mode, obviously...) Are you using a ssh or telnet
connection: if you, what program are you using?

At a wild guess, it sounds to me like you've got terminal emulation
issues, where vi thinks it's got one sort of terminal, and your emulator
thinks it's a different sort of emulator.

James (using vim).
--
E-mail address: james@ | "SCSI is *NOT* magic.  There are fundamental
westexe.demon.co.uk    | technical reasons why it is necessary to sacrifice