Fw: Problems with my mouse

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 12:20:30 UTC 2004

Pablo wrote (in a different order to this...):
> This is the 2nd mail I write. I´m sorry for that but I´m in a big trouble
> 'cause I can´t use the system without it.
Not that it really helps: all you've done is split the conversation,
so people can't see what happened up-thread. You *were* getting replies
there...

> I´m running Fedora Core 2 on my computer and recently I've purchased a USB
> wireless keyboard + mouse. Both, keyboard and mouse are working. The
> keyboard has no problem. I can move the curson with mouse but ... there´s no
> click!!! Neither the buttons are working nor the scroll wheel.
> There is no BIOS missconfiguration and the mouse is working right in the
> same wachine with Windoshit XP.
> I even tryed all possible configurations with system-config-mouse.
We still need more details. Presumably this system was running FC2
before you bought the mouse. Was your old mouse a USB or PS/2 mouse?
Is this an upgrade to FC2, or is it a fresh install?

In your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (if a new install) or your
/etc/X11/XF86.conf file (if an upgrade), there should be at least
two 'Section "InputDevice"' lines. Can you post all the InputDevice
sections to do with mice? For example, my file has:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Can you borrow a USB mouse from someone else, and see how that works?

Thanks,

James.
--
E-mail address: james@ | "Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind,
westexe.demon.co.uk    | indistinctly. "Mind you, my first name is Bad."