Dual boot with windows xp

Mike Ramirez mike at thexxxhost.com
Thu Jul 29 12:42:11 UTC 2004

Besides Grub and lilo there are plenty of third party boot managers like
BootStar that are installed and configured through windows.  Like most
windows software they do cost.

I would suggest using grub and installing windows and then fedora.
after that you will have to run a fix for the partition table.  Anaconda
seems to mess up the system if you install another OS on the same
partion.

If you do fedora then windows (My suggestion).  I would make a bootdisk
for fedora before installing windows.  After I install windows, I would
then boot to the fedora bootdisk and then re-install grub and use the
how-to presented in this list to configure grub to run windows.

As for modifying the boot.ini it is possible to do it that way.  I
haven't done it myself in about 4-5 years and can't remember the exact
way.  But if you look at your current boot.ini under the text that is
displayed when you boot that serious of numbers points to your HDD and
the specific sector that is the beginning of your windows partion.  You
would just copy that and modify it to point to your fedora partititon.