warning: process `update' used the obsolete bdflush system call

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 29 15:19:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Graeme Nichols wrote:

> Hello Folks, I have just upgraded from RH8 to FC2 and apart from a USB
> buss problem I am also getting this message in dmesg:
>
> warning: process `update' used the obsolete bdflush system call
> Fix your initscripts?
>
> Can someone tell me what I need to change please?

Perhaps you have some modified files in /etc - and RH8 to FC2 upgrade
couldn't overwrite them?

You can look for .rpmnew files in /etc - and see if the corresponding
file with modifications is what you want to keep (if not mv foo.rpmnew
foo)

find /etc -type f -name "*.rpmnew" -print

for each file it finds do a diff
diff foo foo.rpmenew

If your modifications don't matter than:
mv foo.rpmnew foo

Satish