Summer Reading

Ian T. itschaotic at yahoo.ca
Thu Jul 29 17:26:27 UTC 2004

Nate wrote:
Hello All, I contacted the list yesterday regarding a problem getting my
DSL connection working. I am pleased to report that it is now working
with all the help. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a good
linux book. I have linux for non-geeks, but it is lacking in detail. I
guess I should face the fact that I am a geek and find something a
little bit more meaty. Has Oprah suggested anything? Thanks Again, Nate --
() ascii ribbon campaign - /\ against html mail against microsoft
attachments
=====================

Hi Nate and all.
The O'Reilly publications should keep you tied up for a while if it's
geek-speak you are after.  Not always the most entertaining but I have a
few.. heh

Rebel Code by Glyn Moody was a great read for me.  Well researched,
entertaining and he had access to many of the major players.  He's a
good writer and treated the subject with respect.  I suppose to me that
means that he retained some objectivity while celebrating an exciting
period in our history.  A good summer read.
ian