Email question

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jul 29 21:56:23 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 29.07.2004 schrieb Jake McHenry um 23:46:

> Ok, so basically I can't keep someone from doing this unless I turn it off
> all together, which would not allow a legitimate user to get a bounce back.

At least as long as you do not invent an AI routine which can
distinguish between legitimate users and clever SPAMmers ;)

Of course you can enhance Sendmail with a milter application like
MimeDefang which has then Perl program code which suppresses DSN notify
mails when it thinks to recognize SPAM attempts. Anti-SPAM fighting is a
never ending story, you as mailserver admin are ever followed by the
flexible SPAM troupers,

The easiest way is to observe the maillog and based on this logging to
run a cronjob which blocks the SPAMmers by iptables rules. I can send
you a working script for that if you like.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.ad.umlsmp
Serendipity 23:51:10 up 3 days, 8:57, load average: 1.38, 0.44, 0.21