How do you read sylpheed local mail?

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Fri Jul 30 00:43:15 UTC 2004

Hi Richard,

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:09:29 -0700
Richard E Miles <r.godzilla at comcast.net> wrote:

> I've been using sylpheed mail program and would like to read from my
> local user mailbox. i.e. /var/spool/mail/rmiles. I set up the account
> as instructed to use None (local). I used fetchmail to download my
> mail  from my isp. But I can't figure out how to read from my mailmox.
> Can a  syplheed guru tell me how the get mail for rmiles?
> Thanks

I use sylpheed too to read emails downloaded with fetchmail. I did
exactly what you described to configure my installation, so it's weird
you're not being able to read email. What exactly happens? Have you
checked the"Receive" tab on the preferences dialog? (spool settings
should match yours, and"Incorporate from spool" must be activated). Are
you sure fetchmail is delivering messages locally to the right place
(/var/spool/mail)? Can you list emails after they're downloaded
with'mail' console app?

HTH,

Andre

--