Where can I find a C complier

Chris A Czerwinski chrisczerwinski at cogeco.ca
Fri Jul 30 01:09:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 16:29, Eduardo de Moura Rodrigues wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 03:03, yuting at it.uts.edu.au wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am new user of Linux. Now I am trying installing Apache at my PC. But
> > the configure looked for C compilers. could you tell me how to install and
> > config those compilers?
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ting
>
> Hi!
> You can get it in redhat.com
> gcc
> Ok!

Help me out- If FEDORA is REDHAT doesn't gcc come with FC1, FC2 and FC3?
Because isn't that what you use to compile your kernel?
Or are you tricking us that you may need a special version eg gcc2.96 ??

Which brings me to my next question - How would you compile your various
applications with various C compilers and libraries i.e. config's?

I guess I need to know the CONFIGUERATIONs "how to?" and "what links"
and/or "Lib"raries are necessary also with their links. Or how do you
mamage the LINKs - this is getting into ADVANCE LINKing and COMPILEing

Chris Cz (Still a Newbie and will always be a Newbie at this rate)