Email question

John Arthur lists at davey.net.au
Fri Jul 30 03:22:23 UTC 2004

> FWIW: I host three domains at this end. I have to add each
> "valid" recipient
> (per domain)to the access file. i.e.
>
> mydomain1.com		REJECT
> scowles at mydomain1.com	OK
>
> mydomain2.com		REJECT
> scowles at mydomain2.com	OK

WOW Talk about doing it the hardway........

I think you need to take a serious look at LDAP mail routing in Sendmail.

I recently setup LDap routing on a businesses front end MX mail servers
(Sendmail) and their rejected bounces went from 3000 a day down to 5.

With LDAP mail routing all mail is rejected at the MX server unless it's for
a legitimate user and the best part is once you have LDAP configured it's
trivial to maintain.

Oh! and LDAP is case insensitive.

John