MIDI editor

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Fri Jul 30 03:49:37 UTC 2004

Michael Sullivan wrote:
> Does anyone know any freely downloadable MIDI editors for Linux?  I've
> got Cakewalk Pro Audio for Windows, but I don't like using Windows and
> use it only when necessary.  I like Cakewalk's sheet music-like
> interface.  I like being able to click on a particular area on the page
> and have the currently selected musical note appear there.  Are there
> any products like this for Linux?

Hi Michael:

I'm just getting started learning lilypond now for typesetting music,
and can't answer your specific MIDI-related question, but there are some
good resources for linux music and sound at this web site:

http://linux-sound.org/

There is a list of freely available MIDI editors for linux there.

Hope this helps,
Clint