Illegal instruction error using apt from fedora.us to install jed or dovecot on fc2

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at matchmail.com
Fri Jul 30 07:05:32 UTC 2004

# apt-get install dovecot
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
   dovecot (0.99.10.5-0.FC2)
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/619kB of archives.
After unpacking 1466kB of additional disk space will be used.
Checking GPG signatures...
Committing changes...
[100%]
   1:dovecot                Illegal instruction

Installing the rpm from apt's cache works fine.

Is there any way I can verify my binaries against the installed rpms?  I
had a booting problem with the / on raid5, but I doubt that'll be the cause.

Mike