partion error and usb trouble when upgrading

Shawn javajunkie at koyuru.com
Fri Jul 30 08:14:11 UTC 2004

Hello,

Trying to go from Shrike (RH9) to Fedora Core2, I got two errors of which the second stopped me:

For #1) I got a "unable to align partion properly ..." message which is what related to dual booting (note Win2000 is on another drive but I guess that's where the boot mgr is).  Anyway, it said it's a fixable problem so I gave it a green light.  Um assuming I get past two, how do I fix #1 later.  I remember something about this came across this list but searching the archives didn't get me anything.  If windows doesn't boot, I am not going to lose any sleep but I do need FC2 working properly.

For#2) I got a "error mounting /mnt/camera as sdc1 as" ...something like no media present or not formated.  Funny thing is, when booting into RH9, that mounts just fine.  Anyway, andaconda (the installer) stopped at that point and I had to reboot.  I know I can take it out of fstab but what is this about I wonder.

Thanks for any and all help/insight you are able to provide.

--
Shawn

Karma is immutable, so act accordingly!