Email question

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Jul 30 14:01:48 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 30.07.2004 schrieb Jake McHenry um 3:14:

> Can I put just the username after the rejects or do I need the entire domain
> name? I am hosting 6 domain names.. I would need to put each username at
> each domain... :-(
>
> Jake

Jake,

you should start with reading the documentation. The links have been
posted more than one time now:

http://www.sendmail.org/m4/anti_spam.html

It then would be clear that you need to specify the allowed recipients
with full address (speaking about Steve's configuration example).

If you host 6 mail domains then you already use a virtusertable. So why
not using catchall addresses like I said and either rejecting with them
or directing to a SPAM account which you check time by time.

But we drive in circles. You either have to accept each and every mail,
even to invalid addresses, to avoid sending back information to senders
with information that the chosen mail address is invalid, or you use
other mechanisms like blocking on sender IP basis (iptables) if you want
to avoid the proper RFC compatible SMTP handling.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.ad.umlsmp
Serendipity 15:54:12 up 4 days, 1:00, load average: 0.50, 0.16, 0.10