Cyrus-imapd delivery problems on FC2

Phil Anderson pza at pza.net.au
Sat Jul 31 05:24:54 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm playing arround with cyrus-imap, as I'm interested in converting our
site (40 users) from dovecot.  I have been able to get the the server up
and running without too many problems.  I created the mail boxes (e.g.
user/pza, user/pza/Junkmail, etc), and was able to copy my mail across
from the existing dovecot server (running on an alternative port) using
thunderbird.

However, getting procmail to deliver incoming mail to my cyrus inbox is
causing all sorts of problems.  My best attempt at a procmail script so
far is:
USER=`basename $HOME`
INBOX="/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -a $USER -m user/$USER"
JUNKMAIL="/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -a $USER -m user/$USER/Junkmail"
LOGFILE=/tmp/procmail.log

# Check for spam
:0fw
| /usr/bin/spamc -u $USER

# Positive SPAM
:0
| $JUNKMAIL

:0
| $INBOX

The only changes I have made to my default cyrus configuration is (but
they don't make any difference to the problem below):
altnamespace: true
unixhierarchysep: true

But for some reson, mail fails to to get to the inbox.  Until I added -v
to the lmtp command in cyrus.conf, there was nothing unusual in
maillog.  After adding the -v, I'm getting the following:
Jul 31 14:39:56 harry lmtpunix[13440]: accepted connection
Jul 31 14:39:56 harry master[13452]: about to exec
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/lmtpd
Jul 31 14:39:56 harry master[13400]: process 13440 exited, status 75
Jul 31 14:39:56 harry master[13400]: service lmtpunix pid 13440 in BUSY
state: terminated abnormally
Jul 31 14:39:56 harry lmtpunix[13452]: executed

Anyone got any idea what I might be doing wrong with lmtp?

Thanks,
Phil