MORE SSH Hacking: heads-up

Michael stuff at dustsmoke.com
Sat Jul 31 07:12:18 UTC 2004

People seem to be going through great efforts to counter something that
isn't all that uncommon. Sometimes the simplest things are left out of the
discussion. Why hasn't anybody said anything about disableing root logons
via ssh? (isn't this pretty much standard proceedure to public systems?)

They can do scripts like this on my systems all day long for all I care,
none of those accounts were specified by me to have shell access in
sshd_conf. There isn't a password they can hack. It just looks like there
is.

-Michael