Samba problems

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Tue Jun 1 10:09:23 UTC 2004

Suddenly (at least I cannot remember any change) I cannot use the
Network server with samba as I get the following message

Impossible to show smb:/// as Nautilus cannot contact SMB master browser.
Please check if a SMB server is operating on local network

And here are results of a testparm.....

[root at Contec antoniomontagnani]# testparm
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[Aurat]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

# Global parameters
[global]
        server string = PC Antonio
        null passwords = Yes
        username map = /etc/samba/user.map
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        os level = 10
        dns proxy = No
        guest ok = Yes
        hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/24

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[Aurat]
        comment = Copia directory HP
        path = /home/antoniomontagnani/HP
        read only = No

--
 Antonio Montagnani
 Working with Mozilla 1.6 on Linux Fedora Core 1