system-config-kickstart problems in FC2

Andre Schlink andre at mymx.org
Tue Jun 1 12:26:52 UTC 2004

Hi *,

i'm having trouble on a server (upgraded from RH9, no X) and my Laptop (clean install)
with system-config-kickstart. I'd like to generate a kickstart file with the
current state of my server. As i havn't installed X on the server, i try to use
"system-config-kickstart --generate ks_config_040601" to generate the file without graphical
interface. I get exactly the same error on the server and on my Laptop:

[root at myserver root]# system-config-kickstart --generate ks_config_040601
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/system-config-kickstart.py", line 57, in ?
     useCliMode(value)
   File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/system-config-kickstart.py", line 42, in useCliMode
     profileSystem = profileSystem.ProfileSystem(data)
   File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/profileSystem.py", line 35, in __init__
     self.getMouse()
   File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/profileSystem.py", line 68, in getMouse
     a, b, c, d, protocol = mouseDict[model]
ValueError: unpack tuple of wrong size

[root at mithrandir root]# system-config-kickstart --generate ks_config_040601
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/system-config-kickstart.py", line 57, in ?
     useCliMode(value)
   File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/system-config-kickstart.py", line 42, in useCliMode
     profileSystem = profileSystem.ProfileSystem(data)
   File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/profileSystem.py", line 35, in __init__
     self.getMouse()
   File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/profileSystem.py", line 68, in getMouse
     a, b, c, d, protocol = mouseDict[model]
ValueError: unpack tuple of wrong size

Calling system-config-kickstart without the option --generate starts the graphical interface
on my Laptop but when i try to open anaconda-cf.cfg i get:

[root at mithrandir root]# system-config-kickstart
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/kickstartGui.py", line 270, in on_activate_open
     self.fillData()
   File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/kickstartGui.py", line 301, in fillData
     self.basic_class.fillData()
   File "/usr/share/system-config-kickstart/basic.py", line 318, in fillData
     if "--emulthree" in mouseLine:
TypeError: iterable argument required

Any hints on this? I havn't found anything on google...

Thanx,

Andre