vil: command not found

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 23:48:39 UTC 2004

Daniel Elessedil Kjeserud wrote:
> I get this error all the time on a fresh FC2 install on a Dual p3. When
> i open an xterm it says bash: vil: command not found. Pretty much
> everything I do has the output of /etc/whatever vil: command not found
> Any ideas? It's driving me NUTS!!!

Did you ever get any joy over this?

What is the "whatever" in "/etc/whatever"?

What are the contents of that file? Can you try commenting out the "vil"
line?

Can you do a
rpm -qf /etc/whatever

followed by a
rpm -qV $packagename
where $packagename is the first bit of the results of the rpm -qf query.

HTH,

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | "Microwave oven?  Whaddya mean, it's a microwave
westexe.demon.co.uk    | oven?  I've been watching Channel 4 on the thing