Updateing/Installing

Daniel Stonier snorri_dj at operamail.com
Wed Jun 2 13:49:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:44:43 +0100, Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 Jun 2004 14:30, Jonathan Rawle wrote:
>
>> No, that will simply hide the icon then put it back in place. To delete
>> the
>> old menu, delete the .config and .local directories from your home
>> directory. (You might want to do this from outside KDE. When you log
>> back
>> in, you'll have the default menus, and kmenuedit will work correctly).
>
> I don't mean to be stupid but surely if I delete the directories they
> will be
> gone forever what will kde draw on to re-create the deleted directories?

Internally configured default options that write them if not present.

Think of what happens when you add a new user to an already installed
system. The new user doesn't automatically come with all these directories,
KDE will have to write them in on their first use.

email:snorri_dj at operamail.com
http://members.optusnet.com.au/stonierd/