ide-scsi problem

Brad Hafichuk brad at azus.net
Wed Jun 2 22:01:49 UTC 2004

I hope that someone may be able to help me with a tape drive problem I'm having.

I have a Seagate Travan 40 (IDE) drive which is running on Fedora Core 2 (2.6.5-1.358 kernel) on an x86_64 machine. I was running Fedora Core 1 on the machine a week ago without any problem with the tape drive.

I've done some searching on the certance website's FAQ (they support the hardware) and came across the problem I'm having (url http://www.certance.com/support/kb/tape/faq/travan40_redhat.html) though the solution is for redhat not fedora. I've tried to "modprobe ide-scsi" and it says the module is not found. How do I go about installing/enabling it so I can use the software that comes with the tape drive? (Note: I am able to access the device through /dev/ht0 and can use dump/restore for the interim.)

Thanks,
Brad

P.S. Please send replies directly to brad at azus.net

Brad Hafichuk