FC2 and OO.org Printer Admin

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Jun 2 22:42:41 UTC 2004

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
> <Sigh> Got a chance to try copying the spadmin.bin from the oo 1.1.0...
> this is what I got:
>
> $ ./spadmin
> /usr/lib/openoffice/program/spadmin.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libspa645li.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> $
>
> Shared libraries... ARRRRRRGH! This is beyond my skill...<wimper>
>
> Well if any of the *smart* ooffice users on this list know how to get
> spadmin/oopadmin working in ooffice 1.1.1 or otherwise enable it to
> "PRINT" to pdf/fax do please let me know.

I am currently running OpenOffice.org 1.1.0 (from the OOo WWW site,
*not* from a RedHat/Fedora package).  The disk layout is a little bit
different.  Mine is installed in /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.0, and the
library you are looking for is in
/opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/program/libspa6451li.so

No such library exists in any of the openoffice RPMS in FC2....

If you are going to copy programs from OpenOfice 1.1.0, be sure to copy
all of the dependancies as well.   B^)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com