Listing number of files

Dylan Parry me at dylanparry.com
Wed Jun 9 18:31:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:04:18 -0400, Jenkins, Jeremiah
<jeremiah.jenkins at neustar.biz> wrote:

> I'm wondering if it's not counting directories....

It looks like it's also counting the blank lines inbetween directory
listing ;)

> if you have time, just for giggles, try ll -R|grep ogg |wc -l and see if
> that reports the same number as the find commands.

Yeah, that gives the same number, but the 'find' is both easier and
quicker. It also allows me to search for *.* filenames in a directory, so
can be used to count both the OGG and MP3 contents in my music directory :D

--
Dylan Parry