Nautilus desktop icons in FC2

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Fri Jun 11 01:37:10 UTC 2004

After upgrading to FC2 (actually it happened when upgrading to
Fedora Testing before FC2 was released), my nautilus desktop icons
show up with the read-only emblems on them where I would not expect them.
My girlfriend's account does not display this behavior.

The icons are: Computer, protho's Home, Trash.

My home directory is definately not read-only. Bringing up the
properties dialog for it, and looking at the Permissions tab, I see
the message "You are not the owner, so you can't change these
permissions." I am the owner though (the dialog even shows as much) and
in fact can change the permissions (they are enabled). My girlfriend also
has this behavior, so I suspect it's just a bug with that message.

Anyway, the read-only emblems are a little annoying and I can't find any
way to fix them. Any help?

prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
"Every man is a mob, a chain gang of idiots."
                           - Jonathan Nolan, /Memento Mori/