gaim annoyance after update

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Fri Jun 11 03:03:11 UTC 2004

I bumped into an annoyance after doing the gaim update that came out
tonight. I have all of the "ignores" selected: colors, sizes, faces, and
also have the default font selected for my outgoing text.

After the update, all the text I typed displayed as black boxes. When I
sent the text, however I could read it -- but the recipient only got
black boxes.

The fix I did was this:
- Deselect all the "ignore" boxes in preferences
- Deselect the "Select default formatting ...." box

Then tried sending a message, which was visible by both me and the
recipient.

Then I went back into Preferences and re-selected all the "ignores" and
the "Select default formatting..." boxes.

I tested it out and then tested again after closing Gaim and restarting
Gaim.

HTH anybody who might run into the same thing,
Clint

--
Clint Harshaw  <clint at penguinsolutions.org>