linux video issue

mickey mickey at gccsda.com
Fri Jun 11 14:52:21 UTC 2004

Is this a virtual desktop issue (where the desktop is large than the
screen?) Does CTRL+ALT+ [PLUS] or [MINUS] help?

Edit your /etc/X11/XFree86.conf file, search down through to the screen
section that shows a line:

Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" etc

The first resolution shown is your default, try 1280x1024 (usually the
actual resolution for a 17 inch flat panel) (just press CTRL+ALT+
BACKSPACE to restart X after saving the file, does that help?

If not, look up the maximum vertical & horrizontal frequencies for your
monitor (check your monitor's MANUAL) and make sure that's the freq
shown in the /etc/X11/XFree86.conf file

PS when you go to FC2, the config file is /etc/X11/xorg.conf

-Mickey

linux MASTER wannabe -- but just scratchin' the surface, I'm affraid!