fc2 nt recognizing DVD Writer

GATOOR at swbell.net GATOOR at swbell.net
Sat Jun 12 15:27:43 UTC 2004

Before you flame someone you should read their
message. My cd burner works just fine,( in an FC2 kind
of way.). Its my DVD Writer that is not recognized as
a writer only as a reader.
Thanks Brad Earl
Dallas Tx.

Am Sa, den 12.06.2004 schrieb GATOOR at swbell.net um
16:05:

> My DVD writer which I have been useing under redhat
> 9.0 and fedora core 1,
> is not recognized under core 2. What can I do to fix
> this?
> It is an Emprex
> cdrecord -scanbus shows it as follows:
> scsidev 'ATA'
> devicename 'ATA'
> scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
>
> scsibus1:
>
>            1,1,0 101) 'DVDRW    ' 'IDE1004' '0043'
> removeable CD-ROM
> I cannot record to it it gives me a ro error.
> Sony CD wrighter on 1,0,0 works fine..
> Thanks Brad Earl

You should have read the FC2 release notes! And it was
already explained
several times here on the list, that you have to use

cdrecord -dev=/dev/hdX

and not the ide-scsi emulation.

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | GPG key
1024D/ED695653 1999-07-13