ACPI: S3 & PAE do not like each other for now, S3 disabled

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Tue Jun 15 23:54:37 UTC 2004

Andre Costa wrote:

>Hi Dave,
>
>does this also affect FC1 SMP kernels? I had to give up SMP on my brand
>new P4 2.4 HT because of random lockups, and I am not sure I had
>disabled suspend (S3)...
>
>Best,
>
>Andre

Andre,
there is (or was , dont know for sure) a bug with SMP kernels in FC1
where SMP systems would lock up randomly.... If you compile a custom
kernel using the sources from kernel.org , it disappears.
Which kernel are you using? I remmember reading something about this bug
being caused by a patch (and this patch was removed some time ago).

--
Pedro Macedo