Users, Groups, and Sticky Bits, oh my!

John Nichel john at kegworks.com
Wed Jun 16 19:38:22 UTC 2004

Hi list,

   I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to do what I want to
do with stick bits, umask, etc., but am having no luck.  AFAIK, it may
not even be possible, but here's what I would like to do.

Let's say I have a directory named 'bob', owned by 'foo' and in the
group 'bar', with rwxrwxr-w permissions.  How can I make it to where
when a file/directory is created in the 'bob' directory is owned by
'foo' and in the group 'bar' with permissions of 664/775 no matter who
creates the file/directory?  TIA

--
John C. Nichel
KegWorks.com