acpi suspend on radeon with FC2 frustration...

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Thu Jun 17 19:16:09 UTC 2004

Hi Aaron. I started a thread on this yesterday. I did absolutely no work
yesterday but instead spent the whole day googling and reading HOWTOs at
tldp.org and I'm still struggling. I also posted a message to
linux-dell-laptops at yahoogroups.com which didn't get a response. I was
thinking of starting a thread on fedora-test about developing a strategy
for testing ACPI on various machines and pooling information and
resources. At the moment whilst /proc/acpi is populated with information
on my machine /etc/acpi is pretty much empty. I guess the aim would be
to get useful scripts into there that would work on lots of machines. If
you're subscribed to fedora-test keep an eye out for my post -- I also
think that more kernel developers have an eye on fedora-test. (BTW, I
intend to post to fedora-test because the aim of the post would be to
think about future enhancements to ACPI as it is shipped with Fedora,
rather than to discuss so much what is already in Fedora.)

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com