libpnm.so.9 and xplanet

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Fri Jun 18 12:18:20 UTC 2004

Globe Trotter wrote:

>I get the following: I am not sure what it means -- I am really confused
>because netpbm is installed.
>

>#   rpm -V $(rpm -qf $(which xplanet))
>package /usr/local/bin/xplanet is not installed
>package is is not installed
>package not is not installed
>package owned is not installed
>package by is not installed
>package any is not installed
>package package is not installed

$(which xplanet) yielded "/usr/local/bin/xplanet"
$(rpm -qf /usr/local/bin/xplanet) yielded "/usr/local/bin/xplanet is not
owned by any package"
So the final command was: rpm -V /usr/local/bin/xplanet is not owned by
any package
Which of course tried to verify each whitespace delimited package name,
yeilding all the claims that those packages are not installed.

Looks like perhaps xplanet was not installed using rpm.  You will have
to provide more details about how you installed xplanet...

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021