centralized site for FC2 multimedia?

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sun Jun 20 22:20:41 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 17:35, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   are there any good sites for general multimedia installation/configuration
> for FC2?  it's a tossup between amusing and frustrating to google search
> for stuff like this, and find passages like the following:

Hi Rob,

For FC2, I'm using the yum.conf from Fedora FAQ :

  http://fedorafaq.org/#installsoftware

and then

  yum install mplayer
  yum install xine

which is working pretty nicely for me now that I've configured sound
(turned off muting and turned up the volumes) with:

  alsamixer

Also, on my laptop, I've found that I have to reload (modprobe -r then
modprobe) all the kernel sound modules occasionally and it seems to be a
problem mostly after recovering from APM suspends.  But then the reloads
fix it so I'm not too worried about it.

hth,
Ed

--