Kickstart installation

Andreas Thienemann andreas at dicp.ghb.fh-furtwangen.de
Tue Jun 22 18:56:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Mark wrote:

> The website I found it on had left the slashes out and and also had colons
> between server name and path - kind of like the location syntax scp uses as
> well. Anyway - guess they were wrong...
Try http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/ch-kickstart2.html
This is the official kickstart docu from RedHat.

> It still asks me for the network configuration though, is there a way to
> make it pick it up from the "ip=..." parameter?
You could specify it inside the kickstart.cfg file with the network
paramter.
I've never seen any reference to the ip= command.

> I don't know where the double slash between server name and path comes from,
> but even with that I can still download it in the browser.
Maybe you should post your kickstart.cfg file?  It's quite difficult
guessing what might be wrong otherwise.

bye,
  andreas