screenshot of a tooltip

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 12:35:35 UTC 2004

Nigel

> I want to take a screenshot of an app that shows a tooltip, but when I
> press the PrntScrn key (or run gnome-panel-screenshot), it hides the
> mouse cursor, and the app then hides the tooltip.  (I am running Fedora
> Core 2 / Gnome 2.6).
>
> Does anyone know how to take a screenshot with the tooltip?

You could try something like this:

sleep 10; import -window root root.jpeg

You will have a 10 second delay before a screenshot is taken. You will
probably notice the mouse pointer is not in the screenshot, because it's
implemented in hardware and not actually on the screen.

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--