Sound Conflict, Fedora Core 2, Logitech Webcam

Hugh Caley Hugh_Caley at affymetrix.com
Thu Jun 24 21:52:41 UTC 2004

I have a PC running Fedora Core 2, Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI (rev 04), and a
Logitech Zoom webcam.  I've already configured the Ensoniq, and it works
fine.  If I then plug in the webcam, that also works fine (using
Gnomemeeting).

However, if I reboot the machine with the webcam attached I lose the
Ensoniq; I get an error that the pcm dev cannot be found.

Also, for some reason Kudzu configures 5 "unknown" usb sound devices
when the webcam is attached at boot.  And the Ensoniq also disappears
even if I skip configuring the new sound devices.

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley | Unix Systems Administrator | CIS
AFFYMETRIX, INC. | 6550 Vallejo St. Ste 100 | Emeryville, CA 94608
Tel: 510-428-8537 | Hugh_Caley at affymetrix.com